Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Camp NaNoWriMo and My Novel!


Hello everyone! In order to get myself to write my novel more, I've decided to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo this April, which starts tomorrow! I think being a part of something like this will motivate me to keep writing. By giving myself goals, I can aim toward them and encourage myself to write more and get my novel done!

I've decided to make my word count goal 30,000 words, which comes to 7,500 words per week. Based on my previous writing stats, which can be found on my Weekly Reads and Writing posts, on a good week I can write about 5,000- 7,000 words. So I thought I'd kick it up a notch and try to get about 7,500 words done per week. Hopefully that's a good pace, and a good way to get myself writing about 1,000 words daily.

If I can keep that up, I'll have 50,000 words by the end of the month, since I've already written just over 20,000. I'm also hoping to be right in the heart of my novel, with aliens everywhere and the end of the world looming!

So to start off this Camp NaNoWriMo journey, here is a quick synopsis of my novel!

Aliyah is trying to deal with the hardships in her life, including her brother's OD on heroin, when an alien planet is discovered. Her life gets interrupted as Earth tries to contact the planet, sparking the beginning of a possible war. However, the alien that's been visiting her speaks of a peaceful world, a refugee planet that may save humanity from its destruction. But as hostilities begin, can Aliyah save those she loves by convincing them to take a risk on the new planet?

 It's not that snazziest synopsis, but the story is just taking off, and I'm bound to change something about it. I think it sums it up fairly well.

Let me know if you're joining Camp NaNoWriMo! I'll be keeping you updated on my progress each week along with my WRAW posts. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment