Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekly Reads and Writing #6



So I didn't have time to write my weekly update post last night 'cause I was too busy partying! Not really, I was just finishing Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. Staying up late to read- that's my kind of party!

With the completion of Seraphina last night, I read a total of two books this week. I finished reading City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, which was incredible. You can find my review here. I loved this book so much! I can't wait to read the rest of the series! I ordered City of Glass on Book Outlet, so I hope it comes in the mail soon!


I then read the entirety of Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I had no clue what this book was about going into it, except dragons. It was so unique and really great. I gave it four stars, but I have to write my review still. That will be up soon on my blog! I can't wait to talk about the book!


I also started reading Get in Trouble by Kelly Link, which is a collection of short stories. It's really weird and different, but I'm really loving it so far. I'm taking my time with it, reading a story at a time. Also, on a side note, it is such a beautiful book. I love the cover, the feel of it, and everything! Plus, I got my copy signed last weekend by Kelly! (Post about that book signing coming soon!)


Along with starting a new book today, I'm gonna continue enjoying this beaut.


I finally had a really good writing week! Well, for the most part. I wrote nearly everyday this week, but this weekend I've been at my mom's and haven't had time to. I had a two day streak of writing over 2,000 words each day! I think that's pretty good!

Writing Stats

Words this Week: 5,800
Total Word Count: 20,559

I feel really good about writing 20,000 words! It's starting to really feel like I'm writing a novel! I'm also starting to get into the heart of the story, which is really exciting.

I believe my goal for the week was 10,000, although that number was very unrealistic, considering I had other stuff to do as well. I'm really happy with writing over 5,000 words this past week.

This upcoming week is going to be fairly busy, so I'm sure I won't get much done. Still, I hope to write a bit, at least. I do, however, plan on reading a lot, because I'll have lots of sitting in the car time. I'm not sure what book I'll pick up next, but I did pick up some new ones just yesterday, one of which I'll start today.
I hope you all have a great reading/writing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment