Tuesday, March 24, 2015

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare



Full of action and suspense, City of Ashes was even better than the first book in this series. The characters and plot continue to be this series’s strong points. It was such a fun ride from start to finish, with an ending that naturally left me needing to read the next book.

So much happened in this book, tons of adventure and rescue. More of the backstory is revealed, and Valentine explains more of his story, which was really great. Relationships change and grow between the characters, each of them getting a fair amount of time in the book. The only thing I would have liked to see more of would be Isabelle, but other than that, I can’t complain about anything in this book.

The unpredictability of this book was such an amazing feature. Often, I find I can predict the plot twists in novels, but this book was entirely unpredictable. The suspense, mystery and plot twists were so amazing done. The last fifty pages or so, and all the crazy stuff that happened during that time, was really what bumped this up from a four star book to a five star book for me. I cannot wait to pick up the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment