Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-aThon April 2015 Recap!



Sadly, the 24 hour read-a-thon is over! It went by wayyy too fast.


1.Which hour was most daunting for you? 
The ones where I was sleeping instead of reading lol, whoops

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Well, I only read 1 book this time, but I highly suggest it! The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury! A great sci-fi read.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Hmm...maybe have an hour with no challenges or anything, so we can all focus solely on reading in the middle of the chaos.

4.What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

Everything! The interactiveness of it was so much fun and amazing!

5. How many books did you read?
Just one, and like 25 pages of another. :/

6.What were the names of the books you read?
The Martian Chronicles

7.Which book did you enjoy most?
Well, since I only read one book...the one book I read.

8.Which did you enjoy least?

The one I did read was very good, so I can't pick it for this one too, lol

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader, but I'm thinking about being one next time. They were really helpful, although the few I had only wrote later in the day. Some beginning cheering would be super helpful!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I definitely will participate again! I'd love to host a mini-challenge! They were so much fun! 

I loved this read-a-thon so much! The only thing I didn't like was that it only lasted a day! Although I only got through one book, the blogging and tweeting was really great. I ended up doing just two of the mini-challenges, but considering I didn't plan on blogging, I had an amazing time making these two posts. I also made an intro post and mid-event post! You can check them out here:


I plan on making a video of my experience, which I'll have up on my Youtube channel early this week! I'm also going to write a review for the book I read. It'll be up on the blog soon!

Overall, I had a wonderful, though somewhat stressful time. I sort of failed at reading much, but I think it was more about the interactions and blogging and reading, so I did okay with all that.  I can't wait to participate again. I hope everything did well!

No comments:

Post a Comment