Sunday, April 5, 2015

Weekly Reads and Writing #7


Happy Easter! It is the day of eggs, which really has nothing to do with books, but eggs are great, so yeah.
This was not the most productive week as far as reading and writing goes. But I can't discredit what I did manage to get done!

I finished only one book this week, although I am working on two others! In honor or Egg Day and anti-laziness, I did a small photoshoot of those books!


I read To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, which I have a long review for right here. It wasn't something I'd normally read, but I really enjoyed it! I'm also really inspired by this book and its cover, so I might do some kind of photoshoot inspired by it, or something else really cool that I have in the works.


I am in the process of reading Get in Trouble by Kelly Link. So far, the stories in it are very weird, but so good. I'm really loving it, and I'm about halfway through. Because Get in Trouble is short stories, I don't mind dragging out its reading over several weeks, reading each story at a time.

I also started Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. I love the vibe of it, even though I know it's gonna get weird and creepy. I definitely want to finish it by the end of the week.

these two look so good together



I had a pretty busy week, so I didn't get a ton of writing done. However, it's really starting to pick up. I'm still on the edge of the major stuff happening, which is very exciting. The main character had her first alien encounter! I ended up writing that scene over, and saving the one I wrote before for a later chapter.

Writing Stats

Words this Week: 3,035
Total Word Count: 23, 326

Camp NaNoWriMo is also going slow. I have a total of 2,606 words written for it so far. I haven't written anything yet today, but I do plan on writing some later.

I'm definitely going to write more this week, as I won't be so busy. I'm also thinking of making a vlog to talk about Camp NaNo and my novel.

Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment